Published by: WMC Music
These five short pieces for solo piano were inspired by five different poems.
1. June-bug Serenade by E.E Cumming’s poem spring omnipotent goddess thou dost.
2. Shadow No More by James Wright’s The Shadow and the Real.
3. Demon Cloud by Edgar Allan Poe’s Alone.
4. A Trace by Joseph Brodsky’s Seven Strophes.
5. The Jolly Mortals by Robert Burns’s See the smoking bowl before us.
Five for Piano is dedicated to the memory of pianist Rowland Sturges (1917-2007), my teacher and friend, and the work’s premiere performance was given by pianist Blair McMillen.
You must purchase the number of copies you wish to download